Saturday, March 15, 2008

Upstate New York Geneaology Information

I had the pleasure of meeting Dick Hillenbrand in our bookstore the other day. Dick is the brains behind the Upstate New York Geneaology Blog and a website packed with links and information about tracing ancestors from these parts. There are great articles about New York State research resources, Civil War research, interpreting Census data, information from the 55 counties in upstate New York, how to begin geneaological work, links to newspaper and other archives and much more. We chatted about book hunting and his extensive knowledge about Washington County history and it was the high spot in my bookselling day. Be sure to bookmark these resources if you or another family member are involved in geneaology, whether you are just beginning or more advanced in your research.

1 comment:

unyg said...

Hi Rachel,

That was a great chat we had in your store and you inspired me to put one of my true life experiences to print, which I did, see: My trip to Ireland, (not for the timid.)
http://ny-genes.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-trip-to-ireland-2001.html

"Book Trout: is an excellent Blog!

Dick Hillenbrand